Friday, April 23, 2010

Quilting Woes

I have been working hard all week but I am just not getting things completed. Which isn’t true because I have finished all of this hair clips. I have even photographed them and started getting them into the shop.
It is just that darn quilt that is bringing me down.

My goal is to have both quilt tops pieced this week. It’s Friday already so time is almost up here.
I got the smaller and the easier quilt top sewn together last week. I want to put a border on it and I still need to figure out what that is going to be but I think it will be easy to execute so I am not too worried.

But, dang, this other quilt is kicking my butt. Right before I started sewing the finished quilt blocks together I decided I wanted to have some separation between the blocks. In typical Jodie fashion I decided not to research and figure out what would be the best way to do this. I winged it. Now I am stuffed with a giant quilted jigsaw puzzle that I just can’t fit together. I have some to the conclusion that I am just going to have to jimmy it and for it to work for me. Today after I get off work I will make this quilt happen. Maybe then I can bring myself to take some new pictures of it.

1 comment:

Erika Mulvenna said...

Wow, I love, love, love your hair clips, what a creative way to use buttons!

Man, I totally know what you mean about having a project kicking your butt. Maybe this weekend will give you a little perspective on the quilt, and then you can kick it's butt next week! Good luck!