Sunday, November 22, 2009

MmmmMMMmm Cinnamon Rolls


A couple months ago found this recipe online for Cinnamon Rolls . I saved the link to my favorites and every so often I go back and drool over the oh so delicious looking pictures. I decided I should make them this weekend and make half for us here at the house and take the other half south with me to share with the family for Thanksgiving.

So, I woke up this morning prepared for some intense baking of cinnamon rolls and boy was it intense. I think I got started before 8 am and they were not ready to serve until after noon. But we all agreed it was worth the wait.







There were just a couple changes that I made
- I added delicious pecans
- I backed them at 375 for 20 minutes
- I was fresh out of maple extract for the frosting so I just used maple syrup

Also, next time I think I will only use 1 cup of butter instead of 1 1/2 cups. It just made a buttery sugary mess all over my counter. While some may not me opposed to such messes it was no fun to clean up.

No comments: