Monday, July 7, 2008

Oh geeze I haven't posted anything in a long time. After I finished with Bazaar bizarre and Capsule I kind of took a leave of absences from sewing and anything else that wasn't baby related.
And here we are already in July. How did that even happen. I firmly believe that nine months actually moves much faster when there is a baby coming at the end of it. I could be wrong though.

Over the past couple weeks I have been slowly working my way back into sewing and creating. Nothing huge, I am just removing my body from the couch a little more often and spending more time with my sewing machine or doing other projects that have been looming over me.

The first project I busted out was transforming Zachary's room into a baby friendly room for two.
Zachary was very understanding during this process and was willing to part with about half of his very large collection of toys and crap that has been taking over his room. He showed more maturity than any 5 year old I have even met as he helped me pack up his things to donate in order to make room for his little brother. And in return for his maturity he now has and awesome Space themed room that is clean and easy for him to keep organized.


Another project that has been looming over my head the past few months is a baby quilt that I decided to make when I found out I was pregnant. I am not really sure why I decided to make it but I did and it took me forever. But this weekend I went into a nesting frenzy and decided that I had to get it done so I did. I am so happy with the way it came out and I can't wait till this baby is out of me and wrapped up in his super special quilt





The quilt is made from cotton scraps that I had left over from other projects and I framed and backed it with super soft, dark blue fleece. The from is also appliquéd with the blue fleece to keep everything in place. I am pretty proud.

Other than that I have just been working on getting some wallets made. I was almost completely sold out after I finished my shows so I have been in some desperate need to get some made. Hopefully I will get them listed in my shop tonight and then get moving on a custom order that I have been putting off for some time now.



No comments: