Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Where oh where has Petals been?


Where have I been? That is such a good question. It feels like it has been years since I last pasted on my blog. Life has been crazy busy the last few months and sewing has taken a backseat.
In the beginning of the year I decided to run a marathon which I mentioned here (in a post with a title similar to this one). Running a marathon and training for it kind of took over my life for a few months. I am thankful for how seriously I took it because on June 3rd I finished my first marathon with a smile on my face.
I was somewhere in that crowd freaking out about to run 26.2 miles. Looking at this picture gets me pumped and makes me want to go run. It was such an amazing experience.

Here I am about to cross the finish line with my good friend Brenda who went though the whole amazing process with me. She was an amazing running buddy for me because we run at the exact some pace.  Don't we look happy? Goofy maybe?  Happy we are almost done!

And here here is a picture of  my awesome race bling.


This was my first marathon. Actually it was my first race ever. My goal was to finish in 4:30 but around mile 18 I decided I would be happy just to finish in under 5 hours and I did it in 4:55. Woot!

I am kinda of obsessed with running now and collecting more medals (it's so addicting!). I just signed up for 2 half marathons in November and December.

As if I didn't have enough on my plate, a few months ago we decided to move. Just a year after moving away from the bay area we decided that we missed it and needed to find our way back. So we have returned to oakland.  We have been in our new home for almost 2 months and we are settling nicely. I am sure I will be sharing some home decorating posts in the near future.

One more bit of newness! Meet the newest member of our family Miss Wendy Dog.


Isn't she the cutest little pup? I will have to write a Wendy devoted post for tomorrow so I can share more pictures and gush about my little girl. 



No comments: