Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tent Project

After many days of having my living room taken over by an unsightly blanket fort I  decided it was time to upgrade our tent fun. I had seen this tutorial on Pinterest a few weeks ago and thought it was such a cute idea.

I showed the page to Miles and he confirmed that he did indeed need a new tent in his life. So we made our way to the hardware store for the necessary wood pieces and Ikea for some fabric and got to work building a dream tent for my little boy.

It was a pretty easy project. Home Depot had all the wood I needed already cut to size. I just had to use my drill (I love using power tools!) to put some holes in the wood.  Can't get much easier than that. The sewing part was equally as easy. Just pressing some edges and and sewing some really long straight seams.

Here is our finished product



I tried to get some pictures of Miles enjoying his tent but whenever the camera comes out he turns into a wiggly blur. 

No comments: