Monday, August 30, 2010

New Labels

I keep taking pictures of things that may be interesting to someone other than me with the intention of writing a post about it. Then life happens, I forget about it and it gets lost in a sea of pictures on my computer. Here is one lost item I found and remembered I wanted to share.
A couple of months ago I completely ran out of labels. I was running low on funds and I couldn't afford to spend $60 to have more made so I needed a less expensive alternative. I was inspired by this long ago read post by Blue Eyed Freckle and decided to do a simple design and print them with Spoon Flower.
I have always wanted to print something on spoon flower but always feel overwhelmed when attempting to come up with a design cool enough to print onto fabric. So, I guess printing labels is a good way to dip your toes into this whole fabric printing world.
Here is what I came up with for my first try
They are super simple but I still love them. I just interfaced the back and cut them up. This time around I just got an 8x8 test swatch for $5 and I got 30 labels out of it which is an awesome deal. I am really happy with how they cam out so I am working on a design that is a bit more interesting.

2 comments:

andrea creates said...

They look great1 I've been really tempted with Spoonflower. Some day :)

polly conway said...

SO smart! I am afraid of Spoonflower because my design skills are terrible, but this seems like something I could totally do.