Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Felt Fun!

This week I started a new schedule at work and these hours  have me all out of whack. I went from working three eight hour shifts a week to working 6 AM to 12 Monday through Friday. This means I now have to wake up at 4:30 in the morning. Goodness this is screwing with how I live my life. I know once I get used to it and get used to going to bed and getting up so gosh darn early it won't be so bad. But for today I am not liking it.

I decided this weekend it was finally time to sit down and play with the felt I bought a few weeks back from giantdwarf and now I just can't get enough of it. I started out cutting out some bits to use for applique on some wallets I had been working on and the I decided I needed to make myself a new hair clip.

I ended up making a couple so I could keep one for myself and put one in the shop. This one I decided to list in the shop.




This felt is so fun to work with and the colors are so amazing. I love color! I cut out and sewed a few more pieces to make into hair clips tonight. Hopefully the baby will nap tomorrow and I will have the energy to get them finished. Then we will just have to see if I am willing to part with them and list them on etsy. 

For now I am off to bed so I can wake up bright (although it is very, very dark) and early tomorrow morning. Goodnight and sweet dreams. 

Oh, one more thing. I marked down a bunch of items in my shop today so head over and check out my sale section.


No comments: