Thursday, November 4, 2010

A late Halloween post

I purchased a costume specifically because I didn't want to make one. I didn't have time and didn't really want deal with it.
I decided I wanted to be She RA because She RA was my awesome hero when I was like 4. So I found this costume online and bought it.


Shortly after the costume arrived I realized it was designed for a mutant woman with tiny perky breasts situated somewhere on her neck. 
So, it turns out I had to do some costume making anyway. I ended up having to cut out the entire top of my costume and remake it. While I was at it I decided to make proper straps, some awesome boob wings like She RA has and some awesome gold arm cuffs. 
It actually came out really well. It had been a wile since I had drafted a pattern and amazingly I still knew what I was doing. 
I apparently don't have any good full length pictures of me in my costume but here is one of me and Eleanor
She was dressed as a bee.
And here is one of me punching my husband Skelator in the face. 


2 comments:

BW Diederich said...

I would seriously pay money for a print of that final picture. If I had money.

Amber Von Felts said...

I agree! That pic is SOOOO GOOD! You guys are adorable!